General pediatric care
Our pediatricians are specially trained to manage all aspects of your child's health. We focus on prevention to promote lifelong health and wellness, but are prepared to treat illnesses and injuries when they strike.
From baby check-ups and well-child visits to vaccinations, school physicals and guidance through all the developmental stages, we’re here to help you navigate your child’s health and well-being.
Learn more about general pediatric care at Geisinger.
Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital
Located in the heart of Danville, Pa., Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital has been providing advanced medical diagnoses and treatment for decades.
Our specially trained pediatric care team provides expertise in over 30 medical and surgical disciplines, including care of children with neonatal illness, life-threatening critical illness, traumatic injuries, neurologic disorders, cancer, diabetes, gastrointestinal disease, infectious disease and heart and lung disorders.
We understand that from your child's point of view, the hospital can be a scary and intimidating place. Should your child need to undergo a procedure or be hospitalized, our child life specialists are here to make your child's time with us as stress-free as possible. Learn more about Child Life Services.
You don’t have to travel to Danville to receive care – our pediatric specialists are also available in Geisinger clinics throughout Pennsylvania. Learn more about Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital.
- General pediatrics
- Pediatric allergies and asthma
- Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute
- Pediatrics cancer and blood disorders
- Pediatric cardiology and heart care
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgery
- Pediatric Complex Care Clinic
- Pediatric critical care
- Pediatric dental medicine
- Pediatric dermatology
- Pediatric diabetes and endocrine disorders
- Pediatric ear nose and throat care
- Pediatric emergency medicine
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Genetic disorders and birth defects
- Hospital-based care
- Pediatric infectious diseases
- Pediatrics kidney disorders and nephrology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Pediatrics clinical nutrition services
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary and breathing conditions
- Pediatric rheumatology
- Pediatric sedation services
- Pediatric surgery
- Pediatric transplant surgery
- Pediatric trauma care
- Pediatric urology
- Pediatric interventional radiology
- Pediatric rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Feeding therapy
- Physical therapy for kids
- Pediatric eye care
Pediatric care at Geisinger
From general pediatrics to Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, our team is dedicated to helping young lives thrive. We offer:
- Personalized, compassionate care for children: From maintaining your child’s health and well-being to providing more advanced care, our pediatricians and pediatric specialists provide care that’s tailored to your child’s unique needs. Your child is more than a patient to us – he or she deserves the moon, the stars and the very best care available.
- World-class care in your neighborhood: With Janet Weis Children’s Hospital located in Danville and many pediatric offices (and specialists) throughout Pennsylvania, exceptional care for your child is never far from home.
- Treatments powered by research: From minor to serious health issues, our drive to improve the health and lives of children is never-ending. Through ongoing education, research and innovation, we’re here to evolve pediatric care — taking the latest research-based treatments to care for children.
- Family support: We see your family like our family. As relentless advocates for children and their loved ones, we’re here to guide families at every step — from programs to community support and resources.