At Geisinger, we’ve introduced artificial intelligence (AI) tools to deliver better, safer healthcare and improve the health of those in our communities. Our AI program unites clinicians, engineers and data scientists to solve some of healthcare’s most pressing issues and improve outcomes for our patients. Geisinger’s AI Sandbox combines data and tools, allowing for learning and collaboration within Geisinger and with external industry and academic partners.
What we do
Our AI team leverages Geisinger’s extensive electronic health record (EHR) to solve meaningful problems including:
- Deploying technology that enables our patients and members to better manage their total health
- Making care easier by improving access to services and enhancing patient experience
- Improving efficiency for providers and care team members by streamlining complex healthcare processes
- Identifying patients at risk of complications so their care team can intervene
Recognizing that AI models are useless until they’re translated into practice, we implement interventions that use AI in a way that’s clinically, operationally, financially and ethically responsible.
Meet our leadership team
- Aalpen A. Patel, MD, MBA, Medical Director for Artificial Intelligence; Chair, Department of Radiology
- David Vawdrey, PhD, Chief Data Informatics Officer
- Casey Cauthorn, MS, AVP, Advanced Analytics
- Brandon Fornwalt, MD, PhD, Chair, Translational Data Science and Informatics
- Abdul A. Tariq, PhD, Director of Artificial Intelligence