Preventive care and chronic disease management
We’re here to help our communities on the path to better health — one person and one day at a time. From family health to chronic disease management, including diabetes and heart disease, prenatal care, pediatrics, walk-in care, nutrition, specialty eye care, wellness and more, our goal is to make better health easier for all.
Primary care services
Consider us your “home base” for your and your family’s healthcare. We’ll help with routine care, such as:
- Annual checkups
- Colds/flu/fever/sore throats
- Diagnosing and treating illness
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Infectious disease screenings
- Insect bites
- Minor burns
- Ongoing care for chronic conditions
- Physical exams
- Preventive care
- Routine health screenings
- Sinus, ear, urinary, respiratory and other infections
- Skin rashes or infections
- Sprains and strains
We hope you never experience an urgent medical issue. However, challenges with your health can pop up unexpectedly— which is why having an established relationship with your primary care doctor is important.
If you experience a health issue or illness that requires immediate care, visit one of our urgent care centers or emergency rooms.
Need a new family doctor? Make an appointment online.
We want to keep you healthy, happy and living the life you love. That’s why we offer comprehensive, high-quality, accessible healthcare that treats the whole you.
From health screenings, vaccination reminders, blood sugar and cholesterol testing to exclusive programs for Geisinger patients, we’re dedicated to making better health easier for all.
We offer unique programs to keep our community grounded in good health, such as:
- MyCode® Community Health Initiative, a precision medicine project that analyzes the DNA of patient-participants who sign up. Through this project, we are already improving healthcare by finding ways to diagnose medical conditions earlier — even before symptoms appear — and also to help find new treatments or medications to manage these diseases.
- Geisinger 65 Forward, primary care clinics tailored to meet the unique needs of those age 65+. You’ll get longer appointments, social activities, wellness classes and VIP-level, personalized care.
- Fresh Food Farmacy®, which offers prescriptions for no-cost nutritious food to food-insecure patients with diabetes, with the goal of keeping their disease under control.
Managing your health
If you or a loved one has a health challenge, we’re here to help. And if you have a chronic health issue or disease that may last months or years, such as diabetes, heart failure or cancer, we can help you feel better and enjoy a longer, fuller life.
Chronic disease care
Our family doctors provide you with a true “medical home,” connecting the dots to make sure you never feel confused or uncertain. We’ll connect you with the specialists you need and make sure your needs are met should you have to go to the hospital.
We also provide ongoing care for chronic health issues such as:
- Arthritis and osteoarthritis (OA)
- Allergies and asthma
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD and emphysema
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
We offer innovative programs and coordinated treatment backed by the expertise of a nationally renowned health system, such as:
- Geisinger at Home™, our at-home care program that delivers care where Geisinger Gold members with complex, difficult-to-manage health conditions need it most: Right where they live. Teams of doctors, nurses, dietitians, social workers and other medical professionals keep their patients healthier and better connected to care — by delivering it right to their doorstep.
Our goal? To help you live as actively and independently as possible so you can take back your life.
You don’t just get a doctor. You get a healthcare team.
We’re here to rally around you and treat you like family. Meet your Geisinger primary care team, specializing in keeping you healthy, happy and at your best:
- Primary care physician – Also called family doctors, your main doctor who directs and oversees all your medical needs.
- Physician assistant & nurse practitioner – Licensed, certified healthcare professional who works with your doctor to help care for you and performs duties such as physical exams, recommending treatments, ordering and reading tests and prescribing medications.
- Nurse – Works alongside your doctor to assist with your medical needs.
- Pharmacist – Fills prescription medications, gives you information on how to take your medications and alerts you to any possible side effects.
- Dietitian – Reviews your diet and recommends healthier choices, educates you about nutrition and can help with meal planning and label reading.
- Psychiatrist – Helps you work through complicated feelings and emotions you may experience and supports your mental health.
- Case manager – Helps you get the right care at the right time, based on your unique needs.
- Health manager –Works with you and other members of your care team to manage specific health conditions, such as diabetes, asthma and coronary artery disease.
- Health coach – Works with you to help you meet your personal health goals or goals set by your healthcare team.
- Community health assistant –Meets with you in your home, doctor's office and community settings to identify resources to help you get the care you need, such as reliable transportation, medication assistance, housing and medical equipment.
- Residents and fellows – Doctors who have finished medical school, are undergoing additional training and are well-trained to serve as your doctor.