When a sudden health issue pops up, we're here for you. Our ConvenientCare clinics (which provide what's commonly referred to as "urgent care") are staffed with highly trained, compassionate medical staff, providing care to patients with a variety of medical issues.
Head to your closest Geisinger ConvenientCare urgent care location when you aren’t in immediate danger but need help more quickly than you can get an appointment with your primary care physician.
Turn to ConvenientCare urgent care for:
- Cuts that require stitches
- Insect bites or tick removal
- Ear, urinary and other infections
- Skin rashes
- Sprains and strains
- COVID-19 testing for vacation travel (by appointment only)
While our ConvenientCare centers treat a wide variety of conditions, they don’t replace your primary care provider. Learn more about primary care.
ConvenientCare urgent care locations in PennsylvaniaWe offer 24 walk-in clinics across northeast, central and south-central PA. Find the closest ConvenientCare urgent care location near you:
- Get urgent care in Bellefonte
- Get urgent care in Berwick
- Get urgent care in Bloomsburg
- Get urgent care in Buckhorn (Opening soon)
- Get urgent care in Dallas
- Get urgent care in Danville
- Get urgent care in Kingston
- Get urgent care in Lewistown
- Get urgent care in Lock Haven (Spring St)
- Get urgent care in McElhattan
- Get urgent care in Mount Carmel
- Get urgent care in Mountain Top
- Get urgent care in Nicholson
- Get urgent care in Pittston
- Get urgent care in Pottsville
- Get urgent care in Selinsgrove
- Get urgent care in Sunbury
- Get urgent care in Tunkhannock
- Get urgent care in West Hazleton
- Get urgent care in Scranton
- Get urgent orthopedic care in Scranton
- Get urgent care in South Abington
- Get urgent care in South Wilkes-Barre
- Get urgent care in South Wilkes-Barre (pediatric urgent care)
- Get urgent care in State College
- Get urgent care in Wilkes-Barre
- Get urgent care in Williamsport
Frequently asked questions
Our ConvenientCare walk-in clinics see patients 12 months and older*. We offer fast, convenient, after-hours care when you need to be seen sooner than you can get in with your primary care doctor.
If you have a life-threatening illness or injury, call 911 or head to the emergency room.
*Our pediatric urgent care clinic at Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre sees children of all ages, from infancy to age 18.
Choose one of our urgent care centers for medical conditions that aren’t life-threatening but should be treated within 24 hours. In other words, go to ConvenientCare if you aren’t in immediate danger, but need help sooner than you can get an appointment with your regular doctor.
Turn to ConvenientCare for:
- Bug bites or tick removal
- Cuts that require stitches
- Eye irritation
- Minor broken bones
- Sinus, ear, urinary, respiratory and other infections
- Skin rashes or skin infections
- Sore throats
- Sprains and strains
- Vomiting and diarrhea
Remember: While our urgent care centers treat a wide variety of conditions, they don’t replace your primary care provider. Learn more about primary care.
Our ConvenientCare clinics are unable to provide the following:
- Treatment for work-related injuries or illnesses
- Treatment for motor vehicle accidents
- Intensive care or emergency care
- Narcotic prescriptions
- Assistance with FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993) paperwork
If you’re experiencing a life-threatening condition and need immediate medical care, it’s time to go to the emergency room. Call 911 immediately if you experience:
- Shortness of breath
- Symptoms of a stroke
- Symptoms of a heart attack
- A life- or limb-threatening injury
These conditions are extremely time-sensitive and require immediate care. If you need immediate attention or aren’t able to drive, call 911.
Yes! Our providers at our walk-in care clinics are able to prescribe a variety of common medications, from antibiotics to pain medications. Additionally, many of our ConvenientCare clinics are housed in the same location as our pharmacies — so you can fill your prescription before you leave the building.
Just bring yourself — no need for anything else. However, if you do have the following items, it may help get you in and out faster:
- A list of your current medications
- Personal identification
- Your copay
- Your health insurance cards
When you’re hurt or not feeling well, money should be your last concern. Our ConvenientCare centers accept most insurance plans and have reasonable copays.
Get more information about insurance accepted.
Geisinger ConvenientCare is a VA-authorized urgent care provider. If you’re enrolled in the VA healthcare system and have received medical care from a VA provider or an approved community provider within the last two years, you can visit Geisinger for urgent care. Just let us know you’re using your VA urgent care benefits.
VA healthcare enrollees don’t need a referral or prior authorization and can get care from any VA-authorized urgent care provider. Some restrictions may apply, so contact your insurance provider for details about your specific plan. For more information about the MISSION Act, visit the VA's website.