Patient & visitor information
If you have any questions about your healthcare, your room, the hospital, or our services, just ask your nurse or patient liaison.
We know it can be hard to be away from home — and in a hospital — for any reason. We make sure that we listen to every request or question and then get answers. Talk to us. The goal of every Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital employee is to make your experience as a patient or visitor as pleasant as possible.
The GBH Patient Handbook will give you most of the information you need to know in an easy-to-read format. Click here for a downloadable PDF file or ask for a printed copy of the handbook at the hospital.
Admission: Registration hours
Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 6 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Closed Sundays and holidays
Visitors are often good medicine for patients. Family and friends are encouraged to visit patients during their hospital stay. There may be some restrictions, based on the patient’s safety, well-being or medical condition. (See Geisinger's equal visitation policy.)
For the welfare of patients, the nursing staff may request that visitors leave a patient room at any time. Patients may also request the restriction of visitors simply by notifying the nursing staff.
- Standard visiting hours are 2 – 4 p.m. and 7 – 8:30 p.m. daily, but visiting hours will vary depending on the department. Also, alternate visiting hours may be available, but we request contacting a nurse in the department before arriving at the hospital.
- Do not visit the hospital if you have any signs of illness, such as a cough, runny nose or fever. If you are not sure whether it is safe to visit, ask your doctor or one of the nurses caring for the patient you want to visit.
- Ask the patient's nurse if it is OK to bring plants or flowers to a patient’s room. In some cases, they can increase the risk for infection for patients.
- In order to maintain a healing environment, visitors will be asked to leave the premises if they become disruptive or interfere with the general comfort and care of other patients, visitors or staff.
- Alcohol is not allowed on the GBH campus.
Psychiatric unit visitation guidelines
Visiting hours are as follows:
- Weekday evenings: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 2 – 5 p.m. and 6 – 8 p.m.
- Holidays: 1 – 8 p.m.
- Children 12 years old and under may visit only on Sundays and holidays from 2 – 5 p.m. Only two visitors per patient are permitted at a time.
Children's Miracle Network
At Geisinger, miracles happen every day. The Children's Miracle Network at Geisinger helps to provide the innovative and compassionate care we are known for, and raises funds to provide equipment, programs and services for children at Geisinger Janet Weis Children's Hospital in Danville, as well as pediatric services throughout the Geisinger Health System.
Geisinger PrayerNet is a website offering patients and their families comfort, support and prayer from a network of volunteers around the world. With PrayerNet, it’s easy to request prayer, share your prayer requests with loved ones around the world, or pray for others. The site is free to use, nondenominational and respectful of patient and family privacy.
Geisinger cares about your health and the health of our employees. The entire Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital campus is a tobacco-free environment.