Pediatric dental medicine
Tooth decay impacts more children than any other chronic health condition. Proper dental hygiene and regular visits with a Geisinger pediatric dentist can help prevent tooth decay and cavities in even the youngest children.
Why choose Geisinger for pediatric dental care?
- Age-appropriate treatments: Good oral care starts early. Our pediatric dentists see children starting in infancy and provide every type of appropriate care, from cleanings and fluoride treatments to sealants and cavity care.
- Care of complex issues: Whether treating injury or disease, our pediatric dentists and oral surgeons offer a personal approach for complicated dental problems such as:
- Tooth removal and root canals
- Surgical repair of teeth, gums, jaws and palate
- Orthodontics (braces) and space maintenance to prevent crowding, overbites and crooked teeth
- Child-friendly treatment and procedures: Not all children can tolerate dental care. Geisinger’s child-friendly staff are flexible and take special measures to ensure children are comfortable during their procedures. Options include:
- Pain relievers
- Calming gases such as nitrous oxide
- Sedation services
Dental conditions and treatments
Our pediatric dentists and oral surgeons offer the full range of oral care, from routine cleanings to surgical correction.
- Cavities and tooth decay
- Cleft lip
- Cleft palate
- Crooked teeth, overbites and spacing between teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Growths or tumors in the mouth, lips or jaw
- Jaw joint or muscle problems
- Impacted (blocked) teeth
- Oral infection
- Cavity treatment
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Root canals and pulp therapy
- Space maintenance
- Sealants and fluoride
- Tooth removal (extraction)
- Tooth restorations
- Pediatric sedation services
Related specialties and institutes
- Pediatric surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Care (Otolaryngology) : Our pediatric ENT doctors treat ear, nose and throat problems, from chronic ear infections and tonsillitis, to complex cleft lip and palate repair.