Keeping your eyes healthy is our main focus
As the area’s leading eye specialists, our optometrists and ophthalmologists are experienced in diagnosing and treating a full range of eye conditions and vision issues:
- Eye exams and general eye care
- Contact lenses
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- Eyewear centers
Eye conditions and eye diseases
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Corneal abrasions
- Diabetes retinopathy
- Dry eye
- Macular degeneration
- Retinal care
- Uveitis, or inflammation of the eye
Frequently asked questions
An optometrist is your primary eye doctor who works closely with you to diagnose and treat vision problems and fit you with the right visual aids for correcting any vision problems such as:
- Low vision
In addition, optometrists routinely screen for glaucoma and diabetic neuropathy. They prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses and can assist you in finding the right type of vision therapy. Our optometry and ophthalmology team works together to identify any potential medical problems.
An ophthalmologist specializes in diagnosing and treating eye disorders. They can perform surgery as well as prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses to correct your vision.
No matter the condition of your eyes, seeing an eye doctor regularly is an important step in keeping your eyes as healthy as possible.
Our team specializes in a wide variety of eye care, including care for children and adults.
Our pediatric ophthalmologists treat children as young as infants up to age 18 for conditions such as:
- “Lazy eye”
- Inherited eye disease
- Pediatric cataracts
- Pediatric glaucoma
- Traumatic eye injuries
- Eye tumors
- Drooping eyelids
- Obstructed tear ducts
Our optometrists and ophthalmologists diagnose and treat all vision problems and eye disorders. They provide comprehensive eye exams and testing and fittings for proper visual devises, such as glasses and contacts. They perform cutting-edge treatments and procedures, including refractive surgery and minimally invasive eye surgery.
Our highly trained ophthalmologists offer LASIK surgery, as well as other refractive surgery options. LASIK is a laser eye surgery that uses a safe, minimally invasive laser to reshape the cornea, thereby improving or correcting vision problems including nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
Procedures are done right in our office and more than 90% of patients will have results between 20/20 and 20/40 vision.
What is refractive surgery?
Refractive surgery is used to correct or improve vision problems such as:
LASIK is the most common type of refractive surgery. However, there are other types of procedures used to correct refractive issues. These may involve reshaping the cornea to correct or adjust the eye's focusing ability or implanting a lens inside the eye.
Eye care at Geisinger
Our leading optometrists and ophthalmologists are here to provide you with compassionate care and the most advanced eye care. We offer:
- Comprehensive eye care for all ages – Recognized regionally and nationally, our eye specialists offer a full range of eye care, from routine eye exams to complex eye surgery. From our littlest patients to adolescents to adults and seniors, we’re here to keep your eyes healthy as they change over time.
- Emergency eye care – Have an eye health emergency? Visit our Woodbine Lane clinic in Danville, where our board-certified optometrists will quickly diagnose and treat your eye problem or connect you with an ophthalmologist if further treatment is needed.
- Your partner in lifelong eye health – Our eye specialists are friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. Seeing a highly-trained eye doctor for regular eye exams is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your eyes’ health. Changes in eye health can be an early sign of chronic health conditions or diseases, and our skilled eye specialists can help you keep a handle on your overall health.
- Optical centers with friendly, helpful staff – Our vision centers are your one-stop-shop for your family’s eyewear needs. We carry frames and lenses for adults and kids, including many designer eyeglass brands. No appointments are necessary — just walk right in to one of our six locations. Find an optical center near me.
- Care for complex eye conditions and eye diseases – Our eye specialists are trained in diagnosing and treating all vision problems, including complex eye conditions.
- Leading-edge eye treatments – Should you or a loved one need eye surgery, our ophthalmologists offer the latest treatments, minimally invasive procedures and refractive surgery, including LASIK and laser eye surgery, so you have minimal recovery time. Many times, you’ll be home the same day as your surgery.