Life after breast surgery
No matter why you’ve had breast surgery, we’re here to support you every step of the way. And sometimes, the most important part of the healing process comes long after your hospital stay.
Having breast surgery, especially as a result of breast cancer, can be emotionally and physically challenging. From sharing inspiring success stories to helping you find a support group, we want to make sure you have all the tools you need to succeed as you continue to heal.
Patients share their breast health experiencesHear first-hand from patients how breast surgery and breast cancer care changed their lives:
Learn more about breast healthKnowledge is often the key to success — and that applies to breast health, too. From learning about mammograms to understanding your options after a mastectomy, you can start gaining information today.
Breast cancer and breast surgery storiesHear firsthand how breast cancer support has helped countless people just like you:
Join a support group
Becoming part of a community like the ones built in support groups can be an important part of your healing journey. Find a support group filled with people who understand what you’re experiencing. And bring a friend or family member with you for extra support.
Breast surgery care at Geisinger
No matter why you had breast surgery, our entire team is here to support you throughout your diagnosis, treatment and post-operative care. We offer:
- The expertise you need – Your care team is powered by surgeons with years of training and experience. Many of our breast surgeons have completed advanced training (called fellowships) in specific types of surgery. Their expertise has been honed by treating many people with breast disease. And their focus is on delivering the care best suited to your needs.
- Nationally recognized breast care – Our breast programs at Geisinger Medical Center and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center are recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program that acknowledges centers that provide the highest quality care to women with breast disease. We've held this distinction for more than 10 years. This means you’ll receive the highest level of care at every step.
- Leading-edge clinical trials – Our cancer research and clinical trials give you access to new treatments before they become widely available. Participating in a trial may help you get better even if standard approaches haven’t worked. Find a clinical trial.
- Genetic testing and counseling programs – Special research programs, such as MyCode, are only available at Geisinger. Participating in MyCode allows you to contribute to genetic research. By participating, some may receive information about their own genetic risks. Learn about MyCode.
- Cancer survivorship program – Just because your treatment is complete doesn’t mean your journey has ended. We offer a variety of support resources focused on helping you live your healthiest life. Learn about patient resources.