Estimated costs & MyEstimate® tool
Are you having difficulty determining your out-of-pocket expenses for a procedure or service you'd like to receive? What is the cost for high-quality services? Do you understand your cost-sharing responsibilities?
If you have questions like these or need financial assistance, Geisinger is here to help. Use our MyEstimate® tool below to evaluate your potential out-of-pocket costs.
Key terms for you to know
- Cost – Varies by the party incurring the expense.
- Charge – The dollar amount a provider sets for services rendered before negotiating any discounts.
- Price – The total amount a provider expects to be paid by payers and patients for healthcare service. (For further information, review this Consumer Guide to Healthcare Prices.)
Before you come to Geisinger, you can use MyEstimate® to know the approximate amount you might owe after insurance. Note: we are in the process of updating our MyEstimate tool, should you need an estimate for Geisinger Lewistown, Geisinger Bloomsburg or Geisinger Holy Spirit hospitals, call 800-640-4206 and ask for MyEstimate.
For an estimate, choose any of the following options:
- Use our online estimator for the most frequently performed services.
- Call 800-640-4206 and ask for MyEstimate®. You will need your insurance card, the type of procedure you are considering and the name of the Geisinger location where the procedure will be performed. The written or verbal estimate will be sent or provided within two business days:
- Or, submit our online form to request an estimate of charges and out-of-pocket expenses for our medical procedure. Click here for the MyEstimate form.
Contact CareLink at 800-275-6401 to
- Find out if your insurance requires a referral or preauthorization
- Request a referral from your Geisinger primary care provider