Patient & visitor information
If you have any questions about your healthcare, your room, the hospital, or our services, just ask your nurse or patient liaison.
We know it can be hard to be away from home — and in a hospital — for any reason. We make sure that we listen to every request or question and then get answers. Talk to us. The goal of every GCMC employee is to make your experience as a patient or visitor as pleasant as possible.
The GCMC Patient Handbook will give you most of the information you need to know in an easy-to-read format. Click here for a downloadable PDF file or ask for a printed copy of the handbook at the hospital.
Admission: Registration hours
Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Weekend registrations are performed in Outpatient Registration.
Visitors are often good medicine for patients. Family and friends are encouraged to visit patients during their hospital stay. There may be some restrictions, based on the patient’s safety, well-being or medical condition. (See Geisinger's equal visitation policy.)
For the welfare of patients, the nursing staff may request that visitors leave a patient room at any time. Patients may also request the restriction of visitors simply by notifying the nursing staff.
- Do not visit the hospital if you have any signs of illness, such as a cough, runny nose or fever. If you are not sure whether it is safe to visit, please ask your doctor or one of the nurses caring for patient you want to visit.
- Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. each day.
- Ask the patient's nurse if it is OK to bring plants or flowers to a patient’s room. In some cases, they can increase the risk for infection for patients.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the hospital if they become disruptive or interfere with the comfort or care of patients, other visitors or staff.
- Alcohol is not allowed on the GCMC campus.
Children's Miracle Network
At Geisinger, miracles happen every day. The Children's Miracle Network at Geisinger helps to provide the innovative and compassionate care we are known for, and raises funds to provide equipment, programs and services for children at Geisinger Janet Weis Children's Hospital in Danville, as well as pediatric services throughout Geisinger.
Geisinger PrayerNet is a website offering patients and their families comfort, support and prayer from a network of volunteers around the world. With PrayerNet, it’s easy to request prayer, share your prayer requests with loved ones around the world, or pray for others. The site is free to use, nondenominational and respectful of patient and family privacy.
Geisinger cares about your health and the health of our employees. The entire Geisinger Community Medical Center campus is a tobacco-free environment.