You may need orthopaedic surgery if you have a bone or joint disorder, a fracture, or a disease or tear in one of your muscles, ligaments or tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons treat all parts of your musculoskeletal system (your muscles, bones and all their connections).
What you should know about orthopaedic surgery:
- Our experienced orthopedic surgeons are able to treat many bone and joint problems. We use a variety of techniques, including minimally invasive procedures that mean smaller incisions and quicker healing.
- Some of the most common orthopaedic surgeries we perform include:
- ACL reconstruction
- Carpal tunnel release
- Fracture repair
- Joint replacement
- Ligament and tendon repair, including for torn rotator cuffs
- Shoulder replacement
- Spinal surgery, including spinal fusion
Why choose Geisinger for orthopaedic surgery?
- Leading surgeons: All Geisinger hospitals have experienced, fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopaedic surgeons. These credentials mean that our surgeons have passed rigorous exams and have additional specialty training. In addition, many of our orthopaedic surgeons are known nationally or internationally because of their research and experience. Together, they work as a team on your behalf.
- Greater availability: With Geisinger, you have greater access to top-level doctors and surgeons close to home and work. You do not have to travel for quality orthopaedic surgical care.
- Destination for quality care: Several of our orthopaedic surgeries are part of ProvenCare, an innovative program that standardizes high-quality care and focuses on patient outcomes. We are also a sought-out destination for spine surgery through our Comprehensive Spine Center.
- Lifetime hip and knee surgeries: We’re proud to offer the world’s only lifetime guarantee on your hip and knee replacements. Learn more about lifetime hip and knee surgeries here.