Now that your baby has arrived, know what to expect and how we can help.
From finding out you’re going to be a mom to laying eyes on your little one for the first time, every moment counts during your pregnancy. That’s why we’re here to support you through all of them — from the big ones, like finding the right labor and delivery team, to the little ones, such as tips to get your baby to sleep through the night.
Newborn services at Geisinger
From the moment your baby arrives, we’re ready to provide the very best care. Each birth experience is different, and our goal is to make yours special and comfortable throughout your stay. We offer:
- Rooms designed so you and your baby can stay together throughout your stay
- Focus on bonding and skin-to-skin contact
- Breastfeeding and nutritional support
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) to help babies who need extra care:
- 24/7 in-house neonatal specialists who are specially trained to handle complex or high-risk concerns
- 24/7 LifeFlight® ground and air transportation teams for quick NICU transfer
- Access to a network of high-risk pregnancy and pediatric specialists
- Pre-arranged care plans for your baby
- Advanced diagnosis capabilities and leading-edge treatments
- Resources and support, including emotional and financial
- Support for families of hospitalized newborns, such as movie nights, arts and crafts, and pizza dinners