Your hospital visit
What to bring
- Driver's license or valid ID
- Your insurance card
- A way to pay any applicable copayment or deductible, which may include using a health savings account card, a flex spending card, a checkbook, and debit or credit card.
- A list of medications you are currently taking, both prescription and nonprescription, along with dosages and frequency of use
- Advance directive or living will, if you have one
- If scheduled for an overnight or multi-day visit, comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, bathrobe and slippers if desired, and toiletries such as a razor, deodorant, toothbrush and shampoo
- We advise not to bring cash, jewelry or other valuable items during your stay.
* You may want to ask a friend, family member or caretaker to hold financial cards or other valuables for safekeeping if you are being admitted to the hospital.
Billing and insurance
Geisinger accepts most major health insurance plans. If you are not sure about yours, check with us and we can assist. Legally, patients are responsible for determining which services are covered by their insurance providers and getting any necessary precertification. If you have questions about a bill you receive, call us at 800-640-4206.
If you would like to ask about financial assistance or if you need help paying your bill, view our financial assistance information.
Requesting medical records
Click to view instructions on how to complete an Authorization to Release Medical Information form to request your medical records.