Community engagement: Our commitment
At Geisinger, we’re committed to improving the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we serve, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or ability to pay.
Our commitment extends beyond the walls of our hospitals, clinics and schools to foster positive change for our patients, employees, students, health plan members and neighbors right here — in the places where they live, work and play.
By providing support to our local communities, identifying much-needed services and establishing partnerships with community-based organizations, we can improve the physical, social and mental well-being of those we serve.
- Creating partnerships with local, community-based organizations
- Providing grassroots support in the communities we serve by establishing relationships and building trust
- Promoting community health and advocacy through engagement
- Providing patient education and information about preventive services
- Increasing access to care in both clinical and community settings
- Identifying services needed to reduce health disparities