Funding and supporting activities, programs and services that benefit those who live in our service area is a big part of what we do.
To make our community investment budget go as far as possible, we want to support the events, activities and organizations that make better health easier for our patients, family members, students and employees, and all who live in the communities we serve.
Most community investments are proactively planned by Geisinger. However, we’re open to hearing your ideas, too.
We welcome any opportunity to support the growth of the communities and the people we serve, so be sure to tell us about new initiatives. These are our particular areas of interest.
- Education: Focus on STEM programs, educational programs outside of school, conferences, symposiums, speaker series/lectures related to health or medicine
- Health- or disease-related organizations: Support for walks/runs, galas/dinners, breakfasts, lunches and program underwriting.
- Major special events: Sponsorship of community-focused events, including fairs, festivals, bazaars, concerts and amateur athletic competitions, like marathons or bike races
- Community-building: Support for business alliances, chambers of commerce, community centers and economic development programs
- Environment: Creation of safe places to play, including green spaces/built environments; promotion of physical activity, like walking, running or biking
- Diversity: Investment in programs for health equity, everyday bias training, cultural sensitivity and promotion of diversity, inclusion and belonging in our communities
- Volunteerism: Encouragement of community volunteerism and volunteer training such as board member training
We're also happy to contribute in support of nonprofit organizations, including:
- AED/emergency medical equipment purchases
- Access to food, community support and recovery programs
Submit contribution ideas by emailing us at email@example.com.