Geisinger Health Foundation donor impact: Summer 2022
See how your support helps Geisinger invest in technology, programs and resources that make care more efficient and accessible for all. Thank you for supporting this important mission.
Thanks for being part of the Geisinger Foundation donor community and making better health easier for our friends and neighbors. As a local nonprofit organization, 100% of every dollar you donate goes right back into our community.
I give to Geisinger because….“It's the right thing to do. Geisinger uses my gift to invest in cutting-edge technology that helps doctors and nurses take better care of patients.”
Your Gifts at Work:
- Training 45 new doctors to care for future generations. Forty-five students received a master of biomedical sciences degree from Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine at a commencement ceremony held June 25. Several were scholarship recipients who will practice medicine right here in our community.
- Improving heart imaging by investing in new technology. Geisinger is the first health system in the region to use HeartFlow Analysis, a cutting-edge tool to diagnose coronary artery disease without a surgical procedure. Geisinger Medical Center Muncy recently became the latest Geisinger location to adopt this life-saving technology.
- Earning recognition as one of the best hospitals for patient experience in the eastern United States. Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital was recently recognized for providing a five-star patient experience.
- Adding more palliative care in Centre County. Geisinger now provides an extra layer of support in preventing and treating symptoms for people facing serious or life-threatening illnesses.
- Expanding specialty services. We broke ground on a new orthopedic center in Columbia County that will provide imaging, surgery, rehabilitation and other specialty orthopedic services. And we began construction on a state-of-the art cancer center in Lackawanna County.
Geisinger in the news
- Geisinger Medical Center performs 1,000th TAVR heart procedure
My brother is being treated at your facility for cancer. The doctors & staff are kind, compassionate, & caring. It is very much appreciated. God bless you all.