Support the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
Your philanthropy powers the future of medicine
Supporting the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine helps us train the medical innovators of tomorrow, enabling a healthier future for everyone in our community.
At GCSOM, we encourage students to develop deep ties in the surrounding community and to practice medicine in a way that fosters meaningful, long-term relationships with the patients they serve. Many of our graduates take this to heart by remaining in Pennsylvania to practice medicine.
Help us train and retain more physicians in central Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania faces a deficit of more than 1,000 physicians. We’re working to close this gap by funding scholarships and tuition aid to help train the next generation of doctors.
Here are 3 ways you can make a difference today:
- Sponsor a seat in a lecture hall: With a gift of $250, you can “Take a Seat” in one of GCSOM’s lecture halls. All proceeds benefit our General Scholarship Fund.
- Double your gift! Fund a scholarship in psychiatric medicine: An anonymous local donor will automatically double your contribution to this behavioral health scholarship, which will be awarded to a student who is a resident of Luzerne County. Since 2015, this generous donor has awarded scholarships to six local GCSOM medical students with an interest in pursuing a behavioral health specialty.
- Support GCSOM’s General Scholarship Fund: Your gift will help underfunded students pursue their dream of a career in service and medicine.
- Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine was founded in 2008 by our community, rather than a university or health system — establishing it as the only medical school to do so since 2004.
- Our mission is to educate aspiring physicians and scientists to serve society.
- We uphold Geisinger's values of kindness, excellence, safety, learning and innovation and maintain strong roots and connections with the community as we educate the healthcare workforce of the future.
How our alumni give back:
Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine alumni give back to the school and our community in a variety of ways, including:
- Mentoring students in various specialties
- Encouraging new graduates to practice medicine right here in our community after graduation
- Organizing fundraising drives and donating to the School annually
The medical college first molded me into a physician and now provides me with opportunities to MENTOR students as a member of the faculty. Supporting this alumni board is one small way I can give back and ensure these opportunities are available for future generations of students.
You can help provide world-class curriculum and technology
Philanthropy allows us to invest in innovative curriculum and technologies to prepare students for the fast-changing world of healthcare treatments and diagnostic tests.
Give the gift of education, today
With your support, we can make certain that bright, medical minds are not denied an education simply because they can’t afford it. Make a gift today, and help us shape the most brilliant minds in medicine and science to improve the lives of the patients they will serve.