Become a volunteer at Geisinger
Help us serve our patients their families and our communities with compassion and kindness
Make a positive impact by volunteering your time and talents to enhance the care we give to our patients, visitors and community every day.
Everyone has unique and personal reasons for sharing their time, talent and skills through volunteering. And it’s our goal to make sure you have a meaningful experience while being of service to others through our programs.
Volunteer opportunities at Geisinger
Learn more about our volunteer opportunities below:
Celebrating our volunteers
Our volunteers and the important role they play in our organization are celebrated annually through a volunteer recognition event held at each campus. You can also earn pins and acknowledgment for hours of service, attend sponsored social events and take advantage of learning opportunities throughout the year.And if you volunteer more than 100 hours annually, you’ll also receive annual recognition from the Presidential Service Awards Program.
Interested in volunteering?
Our goal is to provide an enjoyable and enriching experience to all that participate in our programs. Thinking about becoming a volunteer, but not sure? Decide if any of these describe you:
- You want to be part of an active and diverse group of people.
- You’d like to give back to others using your talents and skills.
- You’re looking for a personal growth or informal learning opportunity.
- You’re retired, but not ready to give up the bustle of the workplace.
- You’re a high school or college student looking for a service opportunity or life experience.
If one (or more) of these is true for you, apply to become an adult volunteer or contact us at 570-271-6230 to learn more about volunteer opportunities at Geisinger.