The Geisinger Health System Government Relations office provides coordinated liaison services for federal, state and local governments. Our goal is to facilitate program and financial support for our mission - providing quality patient care, education, research and community service.
Our staff provides policymakers and government agencies with information specific to the Geisinger Health System, as well as general information about the healthcare industry and reform.
Our industry experts are available to present on a variety of topics, from rural healthcare and access issues to the most up-to-date practices for healthcare delivery. Additionally, we provide ombudsman services to help resolve constituent concerns.
Government relations is available to:
- Schedule and coordinate visits with members of Congress in Washington, D.C., and members of the Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Provide ombudsman services to help resolve concerns involving legislative offices, executive agencies and the governor's office
- Seek opportunities for Geisinger Health System staff on state and federal government boards and commissions
- Arrange for Geisinger employees to conduct briefings for legislators and their staff
- Represent Geisinger's interests before Congress, the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the governor's office, executive agencies and local government officials
- Monitor federal and state legislation and regulations of interest to Geisinger Health System and distribute copies of bills and regulations to appropriate faculty and staff for comment and discussion
- Develop political strategies for pursuing needed legislation or regulations before Congress and the Pennsylvania General Assembly
Geisinger Health System state member organizations:
- HAP - Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry
Federal government congressional resources:
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Library of Congress
- Office of the Clerk, U.S. House of Representatives
Executive branch resources:
Geisinger Health System federal member organizations: