Celebrate women’s achievements. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality.
International Women’s Day (IWD), celebrated annually on March 8, is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Celebrated for over a century, IWD encourages all to build and strive for a more gender-balanced world.
Building a gender-balanced world
This year’s IWD theme is #BalanceforBetter. Balance is not just a woman’s issue, it’s a business issue. Supporting women, encouraging them to know their worth and pursue their dreams are key to creating a more gender-balanced world.
Gender balance is essential for economies and communities to thrive. When we all work together, we can help create a better world.
To celebrate and acknowledge International Women’s Day, a few women leaders across Geisinger have shared the stories of their professional journeys, and some challenges they’ve faced along the way. Read their inspiring stories:
- Dr. Sandra Culbertson, chair of the women’s and children’s institute at Geisinger Medical Center
- Dr. Anne Marie Morse, pediatric neurologist at Geisinger Medical Center
- Dr. Na Tosha N. Gatson, director of Neuro-Oncology, Neuroscience and Cancer Institutes, and assistant professor of Research and Medicine, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Heidi Loomis, family nurse practitioner and certified nurse midwife at Geisinger Gray’s Woods
- Chelsea Reichard, inpatient nursing operations manager at Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital
- Dr. Carrie DeLone, medical director at Geisinger
- Sarah Flora, lead technologist 3D imaging/3D printing at Geisinger Medical Center
- Renee Blakiewicz, administrative director of clinical operations, Geisinger Community Medical Center