Spreading holiday cheer even farther
Often, the best gifts are inexpensive and have their own special meaning, because they share a piece of you.
Here are some gifts ideas that have the personal touch:
- Fill a decorative box of homemade cookies. Don’t forget to share your recipe!
- Print a candid photo of a moment in time and add it to a frame.
- Crafty? Crochet or knit a hat or scarf or make a personalized card or item that shares your talent.
- Divulge the secret behind one of your prized dishes and attach the handwritten recipe to an ingredient like a spice or olive oil, with a bow.
- Fill a pretty jar or container with their favorite candy or snack. Get out your tissue paper, ribbon and bows.
These purchases can be dressed up to leave your loved ones feeling pampered:
- Buy gift sets, divide up items and gift them separately.
- Wrap an ornament or holiday decoration to create a memento from you.
- Purchase inexpensive costume jewelry. Jewelry fits everyone!
- Gift a cozy pair of socks or gloves and partner with a soothing lotion.
- A fleece blanket can keep them snuggling all season.
- Share a good book with a heating pad, a mug and a hot cocoa packet or two.
For those you won’t see until after the holidays, purchase gifts at after-season sales. You’ll find great ideas and stretch your dollar even further. Just remember, the most precious gift is connecting with each other while sharing memories you’ll cherish forever.