Grilling isn’t just a great way to prepare tasty food. It also offers health benefits.
And don’t limit yourself to meat and vegetables. Fruit is great when grilled, too. The natural sugars caramelize and produce a sweeter-than-sugar flavor.
This month’s recipe pairs summer-ripe peaches with chicken for a sweet and savory meal that will become a grilling go-to at your house.
Rosemary-peach chicken kebabs with orange glaze
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 1 ½ inch pieces with visible fat removed
- 2 large ripe, firm peaches, cut into 16 1-inch wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 16 1-inch squares
- ¼ tsp pepper
- tsp salt
- ¾ tsp grated orange zest
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp chopped, fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp canola or corn oil
1. Lightly spray grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill on medium.
2. Thread the chicken, peaches, and bell peppers onto metal skewers, using separate skewers for chicken. Sprinkle pepper and salt on kebabs.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Set aside half of glaze (about 2 tbsp.). Brush on both sides of kebabs with remaining glaze.
4. Grill kebabs for 6 – 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are almost tender, turning once halfway through and brushing with the reserved glaze, using a clean basting brush.