Eggs pack a punch with vitamins and high-quality protein
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 medium sweet pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice, chilled
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of freshly chopped onion
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- ¼ cup cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp. oil over medium high heat.
- Add pepper strips and corn, rice, black beans, chili powder, cumin.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate skillet, heat with 1 tsp oil. Break eggs into skillet and reduce heat to low to cook for 3 to 4 minutes until whites are completely set.
- Add rice and vegetable mixture to bowl.
- Top each serving with egg, salsa verde, onion.
Content from General Links with modal content