Dietitian Amanda Otruba’s Fruit and Salmon Salad is packed with benefits to boost colon health. Its fruits, lettuce and spinach are rich in antioxidants, while salmon is a lean source of protein and provides plenty of omega 3 fatty acids. The Greek yogurt dressing offers an excellent source of probiotics and protein, coupled with the cancer-fighting properties found spinach’s folic acid.
Fruit and Salmon Salad
- 6 oz. salmon or 15 small shrimp, cooked and deskinned/deshelled
- 2 cups spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Greek Yogurt Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fish as desired. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix together all ingredients for salad.
- Add all ingredients together for dressing and pour over salad.