Lifestyle choices, like the foods you decide to eat, can have a big impact on how long you live. This tasty dish — a favorite of 65 Forward dietitian Pamela Charney, RD, PhD — is easy to make and has no cholesterol, only 25 calories and healthy vitamins including A and C.
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower until tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic, and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put the vegetables in a serving dish. Pour the lemon sauce over the vegetables. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Looking for more? Explore our dietitian-approved recipes
I love this recipe because it’s quick and easy. It’s also versatile — you can change the vegetables or seasonings, and it can be served hot or cold. And you can easily increase or decrease the ingredients based on how many hungry mouths you have to feed.”