Perfect pita pizza
By Kimberly Adler-Morelli
This is an easy recipe for one personal-sized pizza — and fun for kids to join in making, too.
- 1 large whole grain pita bread
- ⅛ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ⅛ cup bottled pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Favorite pizza toppings (e.g., sliced mushrooms, less-fat pepperoni, chopped green pepper, onion, pineapple chunks, lean ham)
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place pita on a baking sheet.
- Spread ricotta cheese over the pita. Spoon pizza sauce over the cheese and add toppings.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and bake 6 to 8 minutes.
Adapted from webmd.com.
This story originally appeared in PA Health, our quarterly full-color magazine filled with wellness tips, inspiring stories and more.
Sign up to have PA Health sent to your mailbox or inbox 4 times a year, for free.