Who says soup is a winter-only meal?
This colorful gazpacho will keep your kitchen cool and your taste buds happy.
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salt, pepper, lemons and cilantro in a bowl.
- Remove 2 cups of mixture and reserve.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree remaining mixture.
- Add 2 reserved mixture to puree.
- Season with salt, pepper and juice from the lemons.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve cold, garnished with chopped cilantro.
Adapted from webmd.com.
This story originally appeared in PA Health, our quarterly full-color magazine filled with wellness tips, inspiring stories and more.
Sign up to have PA Health sent to your mailbox or inbox 4 times a year, for free.