Ask a pharmacist: Geisinger Pharmacy FAQs, answered
From how you can save money on medication to how you can sign up for mail-order pharmacy, there’s a lot to know about Geisinger Pharmacy.
What can I get at a Geisinger Pharmacy?
Geisinger Pharmacy has a lot to offer to cover your medication and prescriptions needs, including:
- Curbside pickup
- Discharge services with bedside medication delivery at hospital pharmacy locations
- Fill and refill prescriptions
- Free home delivery
- Geisinger Home Infusion Services
- Mail-order (for Geisinger Health Plan) members
- Medication take back program
- Over-the-counter medications
- Geisinger Specialty Pharmacy
- Geisinger Pharmacy app
How does Geisinger Pharmacy benefit me?
With options for 90-day prescription supply deliveries with mail-order pharmacy, you can have your medications delivered right to your home. In saving a trip to the pharmacy, you’re saving time.
And with competitive pricing in our retail locations, we often offer lower pricing than larger retail stores — especially for over-the-counter medications — so it’s also saving you money. If the cost of any medication is a challenge, you can ask our pharmacy team about options available to make pricing more affordable.
Get these things and more, all in one location, right in your Geisinger Pharmacy location:
- Prescriptions, including hard-to-find medications
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications, including seasonal allergy medications, vitamins and supplements
- Medications for diabetes and blood pressure
How quickly can I get a prescription filled?
Our retail locations often have prescriptions filled before you even leave your doctor’s appointment. And all prescriptions that are scheduled for pickup will be ready the same day.
With mail-order pharmacy — for those who are eligible — prescriptions will be ready between 4 and 10 days. Need your medication sooner? Talk with your doctor about picking up your first fill at a Geisinger Pharmacy and having future ones sent through mail-order.
Whether you’re picking up locally or requesting a mail-order pharmacy refill, you can manage all your Geisinger Pharmacy prescriptions right in the Geisinger Pharmacy portal and app. Check out our pharmacy portal FAQs.
How do I become a Geisinger Pharmacy member?
If you aren’t a Geisinger Health Plan member, you can still benefit from Geisinger Pharmacy. If you want to use a Geisinger Pharmacy retail location, you can have your doctor send your prescription or transfer your prescriptions to a location near you.
And to become eligible for Geisinger Mail-Order Pharmacy, you can call 844-878-5562 to become a member of Geisinger Health Plan.
- Save $5 at Geisinger Pharmacy — get your coupon here.
- Making a first aid kit? Here’s what you need.
- Does aspirin really help your heart health?
- Watch: Ask a pharmacist with Paul Lupano