It’s just like classic Spanish rice, but without the carbs.
This recipe makes 6 servings and reheats well for stress-free meals throughout the week. You can even add cooked shredded chicken to make a complete meal!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- Optional: 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Put cauliflower rice in a microwaveable bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high until tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle.
- Lay a thin dish towel on a flat surface. Add half the cauliflower and use the towel to squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Repeat with the other half.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add cauliflower, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and white pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until cauliflower is browned and liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add salsa. (Add chicken here as well if desired). Cook and stir until salsa is mostly reduced, 8 to 10 minutes more.
Looking for more? Explore our dietitian-approved recipes