Celebrity chef Curtis Aikens, one of the Food Network's original chefs, whipped up this healthier twist on fried chicken to promote colon health.
“This is my take on the old classic that I grew up with,” says chef Aikens. “I use chicken breast in this recipe; however, you can also use chicken thighs de-boned and veins removed. You can also fry pork chops and other cuts of meat with this simple method. Bon appétit!”
Time: 20 minutes
1 large whole chicken breast
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary chopped fine
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon chopped fine
2 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped fine
2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
1 egg white
You’ll also need a non-stick pan.
- Cut chicken breast into 3 portions.
- In plastic bag, mix flour, rosemary, tarragon and oregano.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl until frothy and coat chicken pieces.
- Drop chicken pieces into flour mixture bag and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Drop in dusted pieces of chicken and cook until done, about 5 to 7 minutes.