Hunkered down, you don't want to be without your prescription meds. And although you can still go to the pharmacy — technically — why go when you don't have to?
While pharmacies are considered essential businesses that will stay open during the widespread shutdowns, many people are avoiding public places to help protect themselves and others from COVID-19.
Technically, you can still go to the pharmacy. And if you do, be sure to take extra precautions:
- Wear a mask in public
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- Wash your hands as soon as you can (alcohol-based hand sanitizers work, too).
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
But if you’re part of the vulnerable population — people over age 60 or who have an autoimmune or existing chronic health condition, like heart disease, cancer, diabetes or respiratory disease —or just want to limit your time in public as much as possible now, Geisinger has options to help you get your prescriptions without having to set foot inside a pharmacy.
A safer way to get your Rx — free Rx delivery and no-contact curbside pickup
During this time of physical (social) distancing, we’re taking extra steps to protect our customers and community members. That’s why we’re offering free prescription delivery to your home and no-contact curbside pickup* at one of our 12 Geisinger CareSite Pharmacy locations.
*Curbside pickup is not available at the Geisinger Medical Center outpatient pharmacy in Danville.
Free prescription delivery
Call any of our CareSite Pharmacy locations and our team will set up home delivery for you.
- Home delivery is free for all customers.
- You can expect your prescription within 3-5 business days.
- Learn more about home delivery
No-contact curbside pickup
If you need your prescription sooner, give us a call and we can coordinate curbside pickup at any of our locations.
- When you arrive at the CareSite Pharmacy location, just give us a call
- We’ll bring your prescription out to your car.
- Learn more about curbside pickup
Need a prescription refill?
If you use our CareSite Pharmacy, requesting a refill is easy. You can:
- Skip the line (or phone call) and request a refill online.
- Request prescription renewals through our patient portal, myGeisinger.
- Download the MyChart app and request a refill.
- Have it shipped to your home for free or pick it up with curbside delivery
GHP members: Enroll in mail-order pharmacy
If you have Geisinger Health Plan (GHP) insurance, our mail-order pharmacy can help save you time and money with 90-day refills sent right to your home (with free delivery).
Enrolling takes less than 5 minutes. GHP members, learn how to enroll in mail-order pharmacy today.
Stay safe, stay healthy
Now more than ever, it’s crucial to look after all aspects of your health — including taking your prescription medications. Taking advantage of free delivery or curbside pickup not only helps protect yourself, but others, too.
Our priority has always been the health and well-being of our communities. If you need us, we’re here. And we always will be.
Get started with Rx delivery or pickup
Visit our Coronavirus Resource Center
Read COVID-19 FAQs