Sensory-Friendly Film Series Continues Feb. 4
Film to accommodate children with special needs
LEWISBURG, Pa. – Children with special developmental needs and their families are invited to a sensory-friendly showing of Despicable Me 3 at Lewisburg’s Campus Theatre. The movie is part of Geisinger’s Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute’s (ADMI) sensory-friendly film series.
The showing of Despicable Me 3, in open caption, will take place at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 4.
Loud music, vivid special effects, explosions, and fast scene changes of many of today’s films can be difficult for children with special needs, who can experience these effects as sensory overload.
This showing of Despicable Me 3, as part of the Sensory Friendly Film Series, will:
- Provide a comfortable and accepting environment for those who want to get up, move around or make noise
- Feature family friendly movies in 2-D
- Begin on-time, with no previews or trailers
- Lower the volume of music and special effects
- Provide low-level lighting, instead of total darkness
- Allow families to bring or purchase snacks
Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. The movie will begin promptly at 2 p.m. Admission is free. Donations are accepted to fund future screenings.
The Campus Theatre is located at 413 Market St., Lewisburg.
This screening is being sponsored by Verbal Beginnings.
For more information, visit www.GeisingerADMI.org, or follow the latest ADMI news and more on Twitter (@GeisingerADMI) and Facebook (ADMI on Facebook).