If you’re 18 or older and searching for an interesting and rewarding volunteer opportunity in your community, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply to become an adult volunteer
To get started, fill out and submit your application to become a Geisinger volunteer.
Once your application is received, a Volunteer Services team member will contact you via email with information on next steps.
All volunteer applicants will be required to have two references submitted on their behalf. Names and email addresses of references (must be unrelated to you) will be requested in the initial email.
Each adult volunteer must complete the following before beginning service:
- Health screening, including a screening for drugs and nicotine
- Pennsylvania State background check
- FBI fingerprinting clearance (waived if PA resident for 10 consecutive years or more)
- Disclosure statement (if FBI fingerprinting requirement is waived)
- Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance
- Office of Inspector General sanctions screening
Once we have received your application and references, the volunteer staff member at your local Geisinger campus will contact you for an interview. They will also help you complete the necessary steps in the process.