Clinical guidelines for providers
Clinical guidelines offer providers consistent and appropriate guidance for diagnosis and treatment of specific conditions or diseases. The clinical guidelines supported by Geisinger Health Plan reflect the current literature and research about treatment protocols, and incorporate enterprise experience and best practices.
Clinical guidelines present an opportunity to significantly reduce variation in the clinical setting and provide part of a framework necessary for measuring and improving the quality of care.
Geisinger Health Plan views all caregivers as active participants in the monitoring and feedback of the effectiveness of these guidelines and welcomes provider feedback and suggestions. If you have any comments or want to provide input regarding a specific guideline, contact Phil Krebs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The clinical guidelines supported by Geisinger Health Plan are listed below, along with the most recent review date. You can view these guidelines online by clicking on your selection.
- Adult & Pediatric Immunizations (2/15)
- Adult Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) (2/15)
- Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (2/15)
- Asthma (2/17)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (2/15)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (2/15)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) (2/15)
- Coronary Artery Disease (2/15)
- Cystic Fibrosis (2/15)
- Cystic Fibrosis - Medication Guide (2/15)
- Depression (2/15)
- Diabetes (1/18)
- Fall Prevention (2/15)
- Heart Failure (2/15)
- HIV/AIDS (2/15)
- Hyperlipidemia in CAD Patients (2/15)
- Hypertension (11/17)
- Initial Management of Abnormal Cervical Cytology and HPV Testing (2/15)
- Interventional Therapies, Surgery, and Interdisciplinary Rehabilitation for Low Back Pain (7/17)
- Lead Screening (3/15)
- Noninvasive Treatments for Acute, Subacute, and Chronic Low Back Pain (7/17)
- Non-surgical Treatment of Urinary Incontinence (1/18)
- Osteoporosis (3/15)
- Management of Obesity (Adults) (3/15)
- Pediatric and Adult Pharyngitis (3/15)
- Pediatric Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (3/15)
- Pediatric Obesity (3/15)
- Pediatric Otitis Media with Effusion (3/15)
- Preventive Services (3/15)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (3/15)
- Sinusitis (3/15)
- Tobacco Cessation (3/15)
- Treatment of Hepatitis C (3/15)
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.
Log in to NaviNet to access and view prior authorization information.
Terms and conditions
View GHP’s terms and conditions.
Questions? Contact us
If you have questions or need more information, contact Geisinger Health Plan.
Interested in joining our network?
We're committed to helping you deliver the best healthcare to patients and members.