Have a question about your plan? Need a new ID card? The answers to your questions may be covered here.
Questions about your plan
How long does it take to get an ID card?
I lost my member ID card. Can I request a new one?
What’s the difference between urgent and emergent care?
- Minor broken bones
- Skin rashes
- Eye irritation
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Sudden/severe pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
When is emergency coverage provided?
Is emergency transportation covered? What about when I'm outside the Geisinger Health Plan network?
When may I see a provider, other than my PCP, without first getting a referral?
If my plan requires referrals, can I see more than one specialist using the same referral to a like specialty?
How long is a referral effective?
What’s a precertification and why do you need it for services to be covered?
What is the difference between a referral and a prior authorization?
Does GHP cover flu shots and vaccinations?
*Many of these preventive services are covered with no member cost sharing when obtained from a participating/preferred doctor, unless otherwise noted. If your doctor provides medical services during your preventive care visit that are not included in the preventive care list, these items will be considered under your standard medical plan coverage. This means you may be responsible for cost sharing. See your plan materials for specific details about your plan coverage.
What copayments am I responsible for?
What medicines are covered by my plan?
How do I request a formulary exception?
How do I get discounts offered through GHP?
I received a monthly premium payment bill in the mail. Where do I mail my payment?
Geisinger Health Plan
P.O. Box 829703
Philadelphia, PA 19182
This address will receive payments for all plan types.
What happens if I lose my employer-provided health insurance coverage?
I no longer have coverage with the plan, but wanted to log in to see my claims history. Why can’t I log in?
Questions about using the website
How do I register?
Take the following steps to register:
- Go to the registration page.
- Click the User Registration button on the left-hand side of your screen.
- You will be asked to select your affiliation with the Health Plan.
- Click on Member. A registration form will appear.
- Fill in all required fields on the registration form: your member ID number (you can find this number on the front of your member ID card), date of birth, ZIP code and the last four digits of your Social Security number. Click Register.
- After all required fields are entered and submitted, you’ll be taken to our Terms and Conditions section.
- Once you accept, you can choose a user name and password. On the profile screen, you’ll need to pick a challenge question. The challenge question will help later if you forget your password.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to you via U.S. Mail. You can expect to receive it within five to seven business days.
I forgot my password. What should I do?
You’re allowed three attempts to enter your password correctly before being locked out.
Before being locked out, you may choose to create a new password. Begin by going to the Forgot Your Password page.
If you have already tried to log in three times unsuccessfully, fill out a form to have your account unlocked. You will receive an email within one business day, once your account is reactivated.
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.
Find a doctor or pharmacy
See whether your doctor or pharmacy are part of our network.
Log in to your account
To learn more, check your claim records, or update your information, log in to your secure account.
Get tips and advice for living a healthy, happy life.