Selling Geisinger Health Plan to businesses
Thank you for your interest in selling Geisinger Health Plan. We offer a variety of plans to fit businesses of any size. With our tradition of excellence and affordable prices, you can feel confident that we’re a good fit for your business clients.
Here’s why we believe Geisinger Health Plan is the right choice for your clients:
Tradition of excellence
- Providing quality, affordable health insurance since 1985
- More than 500,000 members in Pennsylvania
Regionally based, nationally recognized
- Our commercial HMO and PPO plans received a rating of 4 out of 5, and Geisinger Gold’s HMO plans received a rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on consumer satisfaction, preventive care, treatment and NCQA accreditation in the 2016-2017 NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Ratings
Visit NCQA for more information
Effective immediately, any broker calling into customer service or reaching out to their account representative with a request involving protected health information (PHI), like member or group claims details, needs to fill out an authorized representative form. Filling out this form and providing it when prompted helps to protect our broker partners and our members’ personal information. This rule applies to both commercial and Medicare brokers.
Already an appointed broker?
We’re in the process of updating our secure broker portal. If you’re already appointed to sell Geisinger Health Plan and have questions, call us at 866-488-6653.
- Integrated healthcare system and health insurance coverage provides quality care at low cost
- Low out-of-pocket costs for your clients' employees
- Plans with a zero ($0) deductible are available
Providers and care locations
Our members have access to more than 29,000 providers in our network, including:
- 3,500 primary care physicians
- 26,500 specialist physicians
- More than 100 hospitals
- 3,000 pharmacies
- More than 130 urgent and convenient care locations
- Worldwide access to emergency care
Most of our plans also offer access to:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Behavioral health services, including mental and substance abuse providers
Health and wellness programs
- Innovative wellness programs such as tobacco cessation counseling and health advice by phone promote your clients' employees' health
- Personalized support and education services cover the spectrum of your clients’ employees’ healthcare needs
Focused on customer service
Your clients need to know their healthcare coverage provider is going to be there when they need help. That’s why we focus on serving our members:
- We contact all new members to welcome them and help them understand their benefits.
- On average, every phone call is answered within 14 seconds (the industry average is 30 seconds).
- We employ more than 330 permanent customer service staff, including more than 50 pharmacy employees. On average, our customer service representatives have worked for us for 10 years.
- 90 percent of coverage prior authorizations are completed on the day they’re received (other major health plans take as long as 72 hours).
For more information, call your broker care team 866-488-6653, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an appointed broker and learn more about Geisinger Health Plan’s options for your employer clients.
Join our team
Become an appointed broker to sell Geisinger Health Plan.
Compare our plans
Already an appointed broker?
We are currently in the process of updating our secure broker portal. If you’re already appointed to sell commercial business for Geisinger Health Plan and have questions, please call us at 866-488-6653.