All the benefits of Medicaid and Original Medicare. Plus more.
Talk to an advisor today
Keep your current Medicaid and Medicare benefits, plus get more
Learn how you can get more Medicare benefits and savings at no extra cost.
This plan has a $0 monthly premium, so it costs you nothing to receive additional benefits. And you don’t lose any of your current Medicaid and Medicare benefits.
2024 Medicare Special Needs Plan
- $0 copay for doctor and specialist visits
- $0 telehealth video calls with your primary care physician and for mental health/substance abuse visits
- $4,500/year for comprehensive dental services, plus $0 preventive services
- $143/month for over-the-counter medications, healthy food and utilities
- $425/year for glasses or contact lenses
- $2,950 per ear every 3 years for hearing aids
- $500/year reimbursement for transportation to and from doctors’ appointments
- $0 copay for in home health services*
- As low as $0 copays for generic drugs and vaccines
*For those who qualify
Help paying for prescription drugs
Extra Help is a financial assistance program available for prescription costs, premiums, deductibles and coinsurance of Medicare prescription drug coverage. It’s administered by the Social Security Administration and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
However, if you don't qualify for Social Security Extra Help, your state may have programs that can help with prescription costs. You can also re-apply for Extra Help at any time if your income and resources change.
Find out if you're eligible.
If you have limited financial resources and income, you may be eligible for extra help from Medicare. There is a program that can help pay for costs related to a Medicare prescription drug plan, including monthly premiums, annual deductibles and prescription copays.
- 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227), 24/7. TTY users should call 877-486-2048.
- Social Security (800-772-1213), 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday. TTY users should call 800-325-0778.
- Your state’s Medicaid office
You can also visit the Social Security Administration website for additional information about extra help.
If you qualify for extra help, your premium may vary. The premium covers both medical services and prescription drug coverage. These amounts don't include any Medicare Part B premium you may have to pay.
You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium if it’s not paid for under Medicaid or by another third party. To see what your premium would be, first find your plan and then the county you live in.
You may also qualify for help through PACE or PACENET programs. Call 800-225-7223 to find out.
Already a member?
Find information on benefit documents, filing grievances, coverage determinations and more
Already a Geisinger Gold member?
Click below to find information on benefit documents, filing grievances, coverage determinations and more.
*Must be receiving full Medicaid benefits and assigned a qualifying category and program code as defined by Medicaid (Medical Assistance). Geisinger Gold Medicare Advantage HMO SNP plan is offered by Geisinger Health Plan, a health plan with a Medicare contract. Continued enrollment in Geisinger Gold depends on annual contract renewal. This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. Premiums, co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles may vary based on the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details.