Shop Geisinger Marketplace plans
Healthcare reform has changed the way you purchase health insurance. It hasn’t changed the quality and value Geisinger Health Plan offers.
Our plans give you more
HMO (health maintenance organization)
- Select a primary care physician (PCP) who will help manage and coordinate members’ health and wellness
- Generally cost less because members use in-network providers
PPO (preferred provider organization)*
- Do not need to select a PCP
- Can see providers in or out of our network
- Pay more for services received from providers outside our network
- Provide the most basic coverage
- Only available to people under the age of 30
Affordable Care Act metallic levels
The Affordable Care Act defines metallic levels that help you understand how costs are split between you and the plan you choose.
All of our plans, with the exception of the Value plan, are available in Gold and Silver metallic levels.
- With Gold plans, you'll generally pay more in monthly premiums and less out of pocket for medical care.
- With Silver plans, you'll generally pay less for monthly premiums and more out of pocket for medical care.
Why choose GHP?
The Geisinger Health Plan difference includes:
- Quality coverage, backed up by independent rankings
- Focus on customer service
- Large provider network
These counties are included in our coverage area:
*Please note: The 2017 Geisinger Marketplace PPO plan is not available on HealthCare.gov. Financial help is not available to members with this plan. Also, the PPO plan is only available in the following counties: Blair, Bradford, Cambria, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Huntingdon, Jefferson, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Pike, Potter, Schuylkill, Snyder, Somerset, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne and Wyoming.
Geisinger Health Plan received approval from the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, as well as from CMS, for an overall base rate increase of 42.1% for Individual HMO/POS members renewing effective January 1, 2017 through December 1, 2017. The range of proposed rate increases vary from a minimum of 30.4% to a maximum of 76.0%. The overall increase is largely due to the claims experience in ACA compliant individual market plans being much higher than what was assumed in current rates. Other contributing factors include annual claims trend, federally-prescribed ACA fees and changes in the federal risk-adjustment program. The total projected 2017 administrative costs are slightly higher than those used for the current 2016 rates. As required by federal regulations, the projected loss ratio exceeds 80%. There were minimal benefit changes proposed for 2017.
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.
We’re here to help
We have the answers to your questions about health insurance.
Affordable Care Act
Healthcare reform has changed the way you purchase health insurance.
A healthier you
Learn how Geisinger Health Plan can help you live a healthier life.