Shop Geisinger Marketplace plans
Healthcare reform has changed the way you purchase health insurance. It hasn’t changed the quality and value Geisinger Health Plan offers.
Our plans give you more
HMO (health maintenance organization)*
- Select a primary care physician (PCP) who will help manage and
coordinate members’ health and wellness
- Generally cost less because members use in-network providers
PPO (preferred provider organization)*
- Do not need to select a PCP
- Can see providers in or out of our network
- Pay more for services received from providers outside our network
- Visit a primary care site designated as a "Geisinger Extra" site and
pay lower office visit copays
- Some sites are also ProvenHealth Navigator® locations, where extra
care is provided to the member by a nurse
- These plans are available in specific counties of our service area.
See below for a list.
- Learn more about Geisinger Extra plans
- Provide the most basic coverage
- Only available to people under the age of 30
Affordable Care Act metallic levels
The Affordable Care Act defines metallic levels that help you understand
how costs are split between you and the plan you choose.
- With Gold plans, you'll generally pay more in monthly premiums and
less out of pocket for medical care.
- With Silver plans, you'll generally pay less for monthly premiums and
more out of pocket for medical care.
- With Bronze plans, you'll generally pay the least in monthly premiums
and the most out of pocket for medical care.
Why choose GHP?
The Geisinger Health Plan difference includes:
- Quality coverage, backed up by independent rankings
- Focus on customer service
- Large provider network
- Health and wellness programs
- Pharmacy prescription savings
These counties are included in our Geisinger Extra coverage area:
*Please note: The 2018 Geisinger Marketplace HMO 30/60/4600 and Geisinger Marketplace PPO 30/50/5000 plans are not available on HealthCare.gov. Financial help is not available to members with these plans.
Geisinger Health Plan has proposed an overall base rate decrease of 0.4% for Individual HMO/POS members renewing in the Marketplace effective January 1, 2019 through December 1, 2019. The actual range of proposed rate increases vary from a minimum of -13.9% to a maximum of 7.1%. The key drivers of this increase are the increase in morbidity of the ACA population, annual claims trend, changes in the federal risk adjustment program, changes to the cost-sharing reduction program and the enforcement of the individual mandate. The total projected 2019 administrative costs are lower than those used for the current 2018 rates. As required by federal regulations and using the Federally prescribed MLR methodology, the projected loss ratio exceeds 80%. There were minimal benefit changes proposed for 2019.
Geisinger Quality Options has proposed an overall base rate increase of 7.8% for Individual PPO members renewing in the Marketplace effective January 1, 2019 through December 1, 2019. The proposed overall rate increase is uniform by plan due to only one plan being offered in 2018. The key drivers of this increase are the change in morbidity of the ACA population, the changes to the costsharing reduction program and the enforcement of the individual mandate. The total projected 2019 administrative costs are slightly less than those used for the current 2018 rates. As required by federal regulations and using the Federally prescribed MLR methodology, the projected loss ratio exceeds 80%. There were minimal benefit changes proposed for 2019.
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.
We’re here to help
We have the answers to your questions about health insurance.
Affordable Care Act
Healthcare reform has changed the way you purchase health insurance.
A healthier you
Learn how Geisinger Health Plan can help you live a healthier life.