Health and wellness programs
Our health and wellness programs can help our members develop healthy habits for life. We focus on physical, mental and emotional wellness needs.
Online servicesHealth assessment – personal health record
- Our members can get a personalized health assessment report, receiving a score from 0-100. The score incorporates a variety of factors including, but not limited to, blood glucose, blood pressure, emotional health, tobacco use, nutrition and physical exercise. In each category, members can get more information and tips on how to improve their lifestyle.
Online education workshops
- Workshops focus on a variety of conditions and lifestyle changes and offer weekly tasks such as educational reading, exercise and nutrition logs to help members reach their goals.
A few of the wellness workshops we offer our members include:
- Healthy Aging
- Understanding Back Pain
- Diabetes Prevention
- Financial Wellness
- The Building Blocks of Good Nutrition
- Personality and Stress
- Smoking Cessation
- Migraine Headaches
- Life Balance
- Unique wellness challenges and competitions help motivate and empower our members to meet their goals — whether they’re looking for something to do on their own or they’d like to share the enthusiasm with a team, we have what they’re looking for.
Personalized online tools
- Members can get a snapshot of their current health as the first step toward reaching their health and wellness goals - we offer a variety of health education workshops and ways to track personal health, nutrition and fitness data.
Mental health and substance abuse resources
- Online resources are available if members are feeling stressed, anxious or depressed, such as a depression self-assessment, as well as “live and work well” tools, including coping with stress, living with chronic conditions, a relationship resource center and more.
Services in person and by phone
A matter of balance
- Participants aim to improve quality of life, remain independent and reduce the risk of falling by learning simple exercises to increase strength and balance.
Certified health coaches
- Our integrated, member-centric approach to comprehensive health coaching services covers the spectrum of a person’s healthcare needs. Programs range from lifestyle coaching to basic health management.
Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
- This is an evidence-based program developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- DPP helps people at risk for developing Type 2 diabetes to learn healthy eating, increase physical activity, lose weight, manage stress and learn coping skills to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Participants learn healthy eating habits, exercise and relaxation techniques and healthy changes to lower glucose and A1C.
- Participants will join others for 16 one-hour sessions in an interactive group setting for the first 6 months. Participants get continued support during the maintenance phase, consisting of monthly sessions for an additional 6 months.
- Members can get help with complex medical and social needs. We are a trusted resource in navigating the healthcare system and a strong link to community resources.
Kick the tobacco habit
- It can be difficult to stop using tobacco, but our program can help. Professional support provided through phone, group or web-based counseling helps members quit the tobacco habit by teaching them ways to change their behavior.
Live Your Best Life
- This is an evidence-based program originally developed by Stanford University and held worldwide. It involves an interactive group program to help those living with long-term or chronic conditions. Family, spouses, friends and caregivers are welcome to attend.
- Participants learn healthy eating habits, exercise and relaxation techniques and how to set goals for improving their chronic condition.
Live Your Best Life with Diabetes
- This is an evidence-based program originally developed by Stanford University and held worldwide. It is an interactive group program to help those living with diabetes. Family, spouses, friends and caregivers are welcome to attend.
- Participants learn healthy eating habits, exercise and relaxation techniques, healthy changes to lower glucose and A1C, monitoring blood sugar and medications, as well as skin and foot care.
Mental health and substance abuse resources
- People feeling stressed, anxious or depressed can speak directly with a personal care advocate for guidance. Members can also see a mental health professional without a referral.
- Our health and case management programs, led by registered nurses, focus on providing personalize care, education and guidance on various chronic conditions. We collaborate with primary care physicians to develop a plan of care and optimize treatment plans to help members meet their goals.
- Medical help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone. Non-emergency medical advice is also available through our nurse chat line
For questions or more information regarding any of the programs listed above, contact the health and wellness team at 866-415-7138 (TTY/TDD 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Learn more about Geisinger Gold.
Shop for a Medicare plan
Find out more about our Medicare Advantage plans.
We're here to help
Schedule a home visit, talk with a Geisinger Gold representative or find a neighborhood meeting.
Find a doctor, pharmacy or prescription
See which doctors, pharmacies and prescriptions are available with Geisinger Gold.
Get information specific to your plan on our member site.