We understand the important role telehealth services play in keeping both patients and healthcare professionals safe amid the COVID-19 outbreak. Through June 15, 2020, GHP will cover telehealth services and waive member cost cost-sharing for telehealth visits through:
GHP’s Teladoc service offerings
We are encouraging members to get care through Teladoc in two convenient ways:
- Online: Visit Teladoc.com to download the Teladoc smartphone app. Use the app to create an account, fill out a short medical history questionnaire and schedule an online doctor visit. This is the fastest way to get in touch with a doctor. Teladoc will provide an estimate of when a doctor will contact them.
- By phone: Call 800-Teladoc to request a call from a doctor. Teladoc will provide an estimate of when a doctor will contact them.
Please note: As the coronavirus outbreak evolves, the need for telehealth care has never been greater. As a result, users may experience extended wait times. The fastest way to connect with a doctor is to use the app or web page.
Learn more about this service at GeisingerHealthPlan.com/Teladoc.
In-network provider telehealth services
GHP will cover and waive member cost-sharing for any in-network telehealth and virtual care services that allow members to avoid unnecessary trips to the office. This includes telehealth services for any physical or behavioral health diagnosis, virtual screenings for COVID-19, and other routine medical needs such as cold, flu, allergy, rash, sinus infection, etc.
Our goal is to ensure members get the care they need—through telehealth or otherwise—and we will continue to work with providers to address concerns about coverage and reimbursement.
Telehealth billing advice
- Providers should bill code G2012 for a brief virtual visit.
- Other codes covered by GHP for virtual visits that are more involved and longer in duration include the following code sets:
- 99421-99423 for physicians
- G2061-G2063 for non-physician providers
View CDC COVID-19 diagnosis recommendations here.