Good health is your most important possession. The quality of your healthcare coverage makes a difference in how good your health can be. You can count on Geisinger Health Plan to deliver great coverage.
At Geisinger Health Plan, our goal is to provide our members with the highest quality coverage. With so many competing claims in the market today, it can be difficult to choose between healthcare coverage providers.
- Geisinger Gold’s HMO received 4.5 out of 5 stars, rating among the top Medicare health plans for quality and performance by CMS’s annual star ratings.
- Geisinger Health Plan and Geisinger Gold rank #1 for private and Medicare Health Plan in Pennsylvania according to the NCQA Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2015-16.
Quality by the numbers
Independent reviewers measure our progress and let us know where we stand compared to the competition.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving healthcare quality. They look at the quality of care and customer service our members receive.
We care about our members. That’s why NCQA ranked Geisinger Health Plan among the top private and Medicare health plans for quality and service, rating our HMO, Geisinger Choice's PPO and Geisinger Gold's HMO plans a 4.5 rating on a scale of 5.
Top 10 national rankings from NCQA
We rank in the top 10 nationally for:
- Persistence of beta blocker treatment after a heart attack (Geisinger HMO)
- Appropriate follow up within 7 and 30 days for mental illness (Geisinger HMO)
- Care after childbirth (Geisinger PPO)
- Monitoring members’ diabetes with hemoglobin testing (Geisinger PPO)
- Monitoring kidney disease in members with diabetes (Geisinger PPO)
- Weight assessment and counseling for children and adolescents (Geisinger PPO)
- Controlling high blood pressure (Geisinger PPO)
First in Pennsylvania
We also do well compared to health plans in Pennsylvania. We are #1 in several measures.
- Spirometry testing, assessment and diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (Geisinger HMO and PPO)
- Follow-up care for children taking medication for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) (Geisinger HMO and PPO)
- Calls answered in a timely manner (Geisinger HMO and PPO)
NCQA also rated our PPO plan #1 in Pennsylvania for:
- Breast cancer screenings (Geisinger PPO)
- Colorectal cancer screenings (Geisinger PPO)
- Well visits for adolescent members (Geisinger PPO)
Our Geisinger Gold Medicare Advantage plans are also known for quality.
According to the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS), the Geisinger Gold HMO & PPO plans meet or exceed national and state averages for:
- Members felt their physicians communicated well
- Customer service satisfaction
- Coordination of care
- Rating of healthcare quality
- Overall rating of personal doctor
- Access to necessary prescription medication
- Flu vaccinations
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.