Good health is your most important possession. The quality of your healthcare coverage makes a difference in how good your health can be. You can count on Geisinger Health Plan to deliver great coverage.
At Geisinger Health Plan, our goal is to provide our members with the highest quality coverage. With so many competing claims in the market today, it can be difficult to choose between healthcare coverage providers
Quality by the numbers
Independent reviewers measure our progress and let us know where we stand compared to the competition.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving healthcare quality. They look at the quality of care and customer service our members receive.
Top 10 national rankings from NCQA
We rank in the top 10 nationally for:
- Adults’ Access to preventative/Ambulatory Health Services (Medicare PPO, Medicaid)
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care – Blood Pressure Control (Commercial CCPPO)
- Controlling High Blood Pressure (Commercial HMO)
- Adult BMI Assessment (Commercial CCPPO)
- Monitoring kidney disease in members with diabetes (Geisinger PPO)
- Weight assessment and counseling for children and adolescents (Geisinger PPO)
- Adolescent Immunizations (Commercial CCPPO)
First in Pennsylvania
We also do well compared to health plans in Pennsylvania. We are #1 in several measures.
- Adult BMI Assessment (Commercial HMO, Commercial CCPPO)
- Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children/Adolescents (Commercial HMO, Commercial CCPPO)
- Persistent Beta Blocker Treatment after a Heart Attack (Commercial HMO, Commercial CCPPO)
- Avoidance of Antibiotic Treatment in Adults with Acute Bronchitis (Commercial HMO, Commercial CCPPO)
- Comprehensive Diabetic Care (Commercial HMO, Commercial CCPPO
- Controlling High Blood Pressure (Commercial HMO, Commercial CCPPO)
- Adolescent Well Care Visits (Medicaid)
- Childhood Immunization Status (Medicaid)
Our Geisinger Gold Medicare Advantage plans are also known for quality. According to the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS), the Geisinger Gold HMO & PPO plans that show a higher rate nationally and in the state of Pennsylvania for:
- Members felt their physicians communicated well
- Customer service satisfaction
- Coordination of care
- Rating of health plan
- Overall rating of personal doctor
- Access to necessary prescription medication
- Flu vaccinations
- Pneumonia vaccinations
- Getting needed care quickly
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.