Why Choose Geisinger Health Plan?
We know you have lots of choices when it comes to providing healthcare coverage for your employees. Here’s why we think Geisinger Health Plan can help make your choice an easy one.
Tradition of excellence
- Providing quality, affordable health insurance since 1985
- More than 500,000 members in Pennsylvania
Regionally based, nationally recognized
- In 2016, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) ranked Geisinger Health Plan among the top private and Medicare health plans for quality and service.
- Our commercial HMO and PPO plans received a rating of 4 out of 5, and Geisinger Gold’s HMO plans received a rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on consumer satisfaction, preventive care, treatment and NCQA accreditation in the 2016-2017 NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Ratings.
- Integrated healthcare system where provider and health insurance are joined offers higher quality care at lower cost
- Lower out-of-pocket costs for your employees
- Plans with a zero ($0) deductible are available
Providers and care locations
Our members have access to more than 31,000 providers in our network, including:
- 3,500 primary care physicians
- 27,000 specialist physicians
- 110 hospitals
- 3,000 pharmacies
- More than 50 urgent and convenient care locations
- Worldwide access to emergency care
Most of our plans also offer access to:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Behavioral health services, including mental health and substance abuse providers
Health and wellness programs
- Innovative wellness programs such as tobacco cessation counseling and health advice by phone promote employee health
- Personalized support and education services cover the spectrum of your employees’ healthcare needs
Focused on customer service
Your employees need to know their healthcare coverage provider is going to be there when they need help. That’s why we focus on serving our members:
- We contact all new members to welcome them and help them understand their benefits.
- On average, every phone call is answered within 14 seconds (the industry average is 30 seconds).
- We employ more than 330 permanent customer service staff, including more than 50 pharmacy employees. On average, our customer service representatives have worked for us for 10 years.
- 90 percent of coverage prior authorizations are completed on the day they’re received (other major health plans take as long as 72 hours).
A plan for every small business
At Geisinger Health Plan, we know there’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all when it comes to healthcare coverage. That’s why we offer plans to fit every need and every budget.
If you’re ready, give us a call at 800-554-4907 to get started. Or, fill out our online form for a price quote.
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.